Tuesday 28 January 2014

#1

Cancelling a phone contract. A simple phone call for anyone else, a procedure I have been putting off doing for many weeks. The customer service number has been sitting in my coat pocket for an age and yet picking up the phone and ringing it made me feel like curling up under my covers in hibernation. Don't get me wrong i'm not a total loser but using the phone never has and never will be one of my strong points. How ever many times people say to me 'you'll never have to speak to them again', 'they don't know who you are', 'its just one quick phone call' I just get sweaty palms and leave it for another day.

But now I'm twenty and a twenty year old needs to man up and pick up the phone, and surprise surprise it was easy! I'm not saying every phone call will be panic free from now on but how much can one teeny phone call every now and then really hurt? The lady on the other end of the phone was helpful, chatty and put my mind at rest. And now from February I am contract free and have an extra £16 in my bank account every single month so I would say it was definitely worth it.

A small step for every other human, but a huge step in the right direction for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment